Court and Duncan - Seared Salmon
with Asian Salad and Wasabi Mayo
Prep time: 30 mins (+ 30 mins marinating) Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
600g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 4cm piecesMarinade
2 tbs light soy sauce
2 tbs mirin
2 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1cm-piece ginger, finely gratedWasabi Mayonnaise
2 egg yolks
2 tbs lemon juice
250ml light olive oil
2 tsp wasabi paste
Salt and pepper, to seasonSalad Dressing
2 tsp white miso paste
2 tbs lemon juice
3 tbs vegetable oilAsian Salad
60ml rice wine vinegar
2 tbs caster sugar
1 pinch of salt
4 small red radishes, thinly sliced
1 cup finely shredded Asian cabbage
120g cooked edamame beans
1 carrot, cut into julienne
1 cup beansprouts
1 cup coriander leaves
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
2 tbs crushed roasted peanuts
- To make marinade, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Add salmon and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread salmon onto 8 skewers.
- To make mayonnaise, process egg yolks and lemon juice with a pinch of salt in a food processor until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Stir in wasabi. Season and refrigerate until needed.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a jug until combined. Season.
- To make salad, bring vinegar, sugar and salt to the boil in a saucepan. Pour mixture over radish in a small bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing to combine.
- Preheat a greased barbecue hotplate over medium heat. Add salmon skewers and cook, turning once, until cooked to your liking.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with salmon skewers. Serve with mayonnaise to the side.