Court and Duncan - Lamb Rack
with Root Vegetables and Salsa Verde
Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins Serves: 4
2 beetroots, thinly sliced
3 tbs olive oil, plus extra, to brush
12 kipfler potatoes, thickly sliced
80g duck fat, melted
8 Dutch carrots, peeled
2 x 4-point lamb racksSalsa Verde
50g baby capers
1 bunch basil, leaves picked
1 bunch parsley, leaves picked
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 lemon, juiced
1 garlic clove, crushed
100ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
- To make salsa verde, process all ingredients, except oil, in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until combined. Season. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place beetroot slices on an oven tray in a single layer. Drizzle with half the oil. Season. Roast, turning halfway, for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to a boil. Boil gently for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Transfer to an oven tray and drizzle with duck fat. Roast, turning halfway, for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Place carrots in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and boil gently for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Season.
- Reduce oven to 180C. Brush lamb all over with oil and season.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb, fat-side down, to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Seal remaining sides until browned.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 55-60C.
- Transfer to a warm plate and stand, lightly covered with foil, for 10 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
- Divide lamb, potatoes, carrots and beetroot slices among serving plates. Spoon salsa verde to the side to serve.