Amy and Tyson - Lamb Cutlets
with Cauliflower and Rosemary Mint Gel
Prep time: 30 mins (+ 4 hours setting) Cook time: 3 hours Serves: 4
500g lamb bones
500g chicken wings
2 onions, skin on, halved
2 carrots, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
500ml red wine
1 bay leaf
25g butter, cubedCauliflower Puree
1/2 cauliflower, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
60ml thickened cream
1 tbs Dijon mustard
- To make gel, place herbs and 500ml (2 cups) water in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Soak gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes to soften.
- Strain herb and water mixture, discarding solids. Stir in gelatine until dissolved. Pour into a shallow container and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, preheat oven to 180C. Place lamb bones, chicken wings, onion and carrot in an oven tray. Drizzle with oil and season.
- Roast for 1 hour or until caramelised. Transfer bones and vegetables, including any juices or crusty bits off the base of the tray, to a pressure cooker. Add wine, bay leaf and 1L (4 cups) water. Place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 45-50 minutes. Strain mixture into a clean saucepan. Add port and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly thickened. Whisk in butter, one cube at a time, and season.
- To make cauliflower purée, preheat oven to 180C. Place cauliflower on an oven tray and drizzle with oil. Season.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown and soft. Transfer to a blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add a little water if too thick. Season.
- Place cauliflower on an oven tray. Drizzle with 2 tbs of the oil and sprinkle with spices. Season and toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Season lamb all over and rub with remaining oil
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb, fat-side down, to pan and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Sear remaining sides. Transfer to oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 55-60C.
- Transfer to a warm plate and stand, lightly covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Slice.
- Divide purée among serving plates and top with lamb. Add cauliflower and asparagus to the side, dot with gel and spoon over sauce to serve.