Alyse and Matt - Sumac Spiced Salmon
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 25 mins Serves: 4
4 x 150g fillets skinless salmon
2tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp sumac
2 fresh figs, halved
1tbs balsamic vinegar
Fig & Red Wine Sauce
6 figs, diced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
250ml red wine
1tsp caster sugar
20g cold butter, chopped
2tsp olive oil
2tsp lemon juice
100g baby rocket
2 fresh figs, diced
4tbs toasted macadamias, chopped
- To make sauce, place diced figs, shallots, red wine and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until reduced by one third. Strain and discard solids.
- Return liquid to pan and simmer until slightly thickened. Whisk in butter a cube at a time, until sauce is thick and glossy.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place salmon on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Rub all over with oil and sumac. Season.
- Roast for about 8 minutes or until medium rare. Stand for 5 minutes to rest.
- To make salad, toss all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Cook halved figs, cut-side down, until lightly browned and tender. Add vinegar. Cook until lightly caramelised.
- Serve salmon, salad and caramelised figs with sauce.