The Butlers - Mini Carrot Cakes
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon ground
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
¼ tsp salt
250g carrots, peeled and grated
½ cup sultanas
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup canola oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
125g cream cheese
1tsp vanilla essence
250g icing sugar mixture
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line the 48 holes of a mini cupcake tray with mini cup cake liners
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, bicarb soda and salt. Add the grated carrots and sultanas and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, eggs and oil with a whisk. Add this mix to the flour/carrot and stir to combine.
4. Spoon one level tablespoon of mixture into the cases.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
6. For the Cream Cheese Frosting, place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
7. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.