The Butlers - Lemon Meringue Shots
2 whole eggs
4 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
125g butter, cut into cubes
1 cup Lemon juice
4 egg whites
130g caster sugar
125g brown sugar
1. For the Lemon Curd, place whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar into a heavy based saucepan and whisk until smooth.
2. Place saucepan onto a low heat. Whisking continuously, add the butter cubes one at a time, adding more as the butter melts.
3. Once butter has melted, add the lemon juice and continue whisking until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and pass through a fine sieve into a pouring jug. Divide into 60ml shot glasses, filling to 1 cm below the top of the glass. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
5. For the Swiss Meringue, place ingredients into a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan of boiling water. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved, or until the mixture reaches 50C. Immediately remove from heat.
6. Transfer mixture to a bowl of a stand up mixer. Whisk on a high speed for approximately 15 minutes or until meringue is cool, light, glossy and fluffy.
7. Transfer meringue to a piping bag fitted with a fine fluted nozzle. Remove the shots of curd from the fridge. Pipe meringue onto the curd in a swirling motion.
8. Using a blow torch, scorch meringue until golden brown.