8 reasons why Anika Moa is NZ's best interviewer
Anika Moa Unleashed is the new local web series, where Anika visits high-profile Kiwis in their homes for an interview, if you can call it that. Her approach is like nothing else in the field.
Stuff describes Anika as a “god-damned national treasure.”
Here’s why we think you’ll love her even more than you did before.
1. She’s not afraid to ask the tough questions. Or the awkward ones.
Death, sex, bad press, nothing is off limits.
2. Her interviews are far from formal.
She’s just spinning a yarn really. She makes herself at home in the world of each celebrity, and doesn’t always stick to the script.
3. She brings out the best in her guests.
You’ll see a whole new side of these celebrities. She makes them comfortable, gets them saying and doing things they never would otherwise. She has Martin Henderson singing in a blonde wig, challenges Sam Neill to say the F word as many times as possible, and even Helen Clarke opens up and has a wee chuckle.
4. She’s not afraid to act a fool, for the LOLs.
5. You can tell she’s having a ball.
Every now and then the camera cuts to Anika and her guests just cracking up, genuinely, sometimes for no apparent reason.
6. She doesn’t apologise for who she is.
Anika is 100% unique, in her culture, in her lifestyle, and she owns it.
7. She says what a lot of people think but never admit.
Oh you want to talk to me about your Paleo lifestyle for the next 30 minutes, do you? Snore.
8. She has the best one-liners, and she’s not even a comedian, technically.
“I’m not a vegetarian, I’m a vag-atarian.”
Anika will have you in stitches, and you know you’ll always get more than you bargained for.
Stream the latest episodes of Anika Moa Unleashed, right here.