TVNZ has four broadcast regions available on TVNZ 1. This allows advertisers to separate out and reach close to 100% of their local audience in Auckland, Waikato, Central or Southern.
Regional Advertising is cost effective too and is calculated at a percentage of the national rate.
- Auckland 70%
- Waikato 20%
- Central 25%
- Southern 25%
Some rules around regional advertising:
- Regional breaks are available in two day parts on TVNZ 1: 0600-2400 Monday to Saturday and 1200-2400 Sunday
- A maximum of 30 second duration can be booked for one spot within a regional break.
- National spots can only be broken out to regional spots if all regions are purchased. A regional loading will apply to each regional spot.
Note: TVNZ 1+1 will be broadcast nationally with an Auckland feed; that is, no regional break outs.
Online advertising campaigns on TVNZ OnDemand and 1 News NOW can be geo-targeted by the below areas:
- Auckland: Auckland, Auckland Airport, Kawau Island, Mechanics Bay, Papakura, Pukekohe and Waitakere.
- Northland: Kaikohe, Kerikeri, Paihia and Whangarei
- Bay Of Plenty: Rotorua, Tauranga and Whakatane
- Taranaki: Hawera, New Plymouth and Stratford
- Waikato: Cambridge, Hamilton, Piopio, Taupo and Te Awamutu
- Hawke's Bay: Hastings, Havelock North and Napier
- Wellington: Lower Hutt, Masterton, Paraparaumu, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington
- Manawatu-Wanganui: Feilding, Levin, Palmerston North, Waiouru and Whanganui
- Canterbury: Ashburton, Christchurch, Christchurch International Airport, Lincoln, Rangiora, Tai Tapu and Timaru
- Otago: Dunedin, Mosgiel, Oamaru, Queenstown and Wanaka
- Southland: Gore and Invercargill
- Tasman: Motueka and Richmond
- West Coast: Greymouth
- Marlborough: Blenheim
- Chatham Islands