CAANZ in partnership with TVNZ brought Peter Field to New Zealand in March where he delivered an insightful key note address on advertising effectiveness, including finding from his latest research.
Below you can view parts of Peter’s presentation or watch the full event video.
Peter spent 15 years as a strategic planner in advertising and has been a marketing consultant for the last 20 years. Effectiveness case study analysis underpins much of his work, which includes a number of important marketing and advertising papers.
In 2006 he was elected an Honorary Fellow of the IPA
His latest work in partnership with Les Binet - Effectiveness in the Evolving Media Landscape – will be published in April.
- We need to return to a more balanced perspective on long vs. short term objectives
- Ensure broad reach for long term success
- The activation/brand-building pendulum has swung too far towards activation. Remember the 60:40 rule.
- Dial up brand-building instead of activation, especially with newer channels. Value video over non-video.
- Design campaigns and evaluation for long-term effects.