Watch: Aussie road rage driver comes off second best after throwing away $100 during heated confrontation

A heated dispute between two female drivers over a car park spot in Sydney has ended up with one of the participants accidentally losing $100.

The expletive-laden encounter was captured on dashcam and uploaded to the Dash Cam Owners of Australia Facebook page overnight.

The footage shows a female driver waiting for a car park while an impatient driver honks her horn at her.

As the impatient driver makes her way past the now parked car, she can't resist hurling a nearly full bottle of water at the other driver, the unintended consequence of this being that she also threw $100 in cash out the window.

She then drives off as the woman in the parked car exclaims: "Did she just drop money?"

The caption in the video confirmed that she certainly did: "At Cabramatta today, ended up with $100 with a water bottle chucked at my windscreen hahaha."

The camera was showing an incorrect date. 

The female driver accidentally lost the money when throwing a bottle of water at another motorist.



Police find no evidence of nerve agent at 'medical incident' in Salisbury, site of Russian attack

Police closed roads and called a hazardous response team Sunday night after two people became ill at a restaurant in the English city where a Russian ex-spy and his daughter were poisoned with a chemical nerve agent.

Wiltshire Police described the emergency steps taken in response to "a medical incident" in Salisbury as a precaution.

Authorities later lifted the alert and said no evidence of the nerve agent Novichok involved in the earlier case was found when the two ill people were examined at a hospital.

Police wearing protective gear have swarmed on a pizza restaurant in the English town. Source: Breakfast

Salisbury spent months with quarantine tents and investigators in full-body protective gear combing for evidence after Sergei Skripal and his adult daughter were found unconscious on a bench in March.

Its residents were put back on edge in June when a man and a woman living in a nearby town were hospitalised with signs of exposure to the same Soviet-made Novichok. The woman, 44-year-old Dawn Sturgess, died.

Britain's counter-terrorism police said this month they think Sturgess' boyfriend found a counterfeit perfume bottle containing remnants of the substance originally applied on the front door of Skripals home in Salisbury.

The man and woman who got sick at the Prezzo restaurant in Salisbury remained in the hospital under observation but "we can now confirm that there is nothing to suggest that Novicho" was involved, Wiltshire Police said in a statement.

"A cordon will remain in place around Prezzo at this time as part of ongoing routine enquiries. All other areas that were cordoned off will now be reopened," the statement added.

British prosecutors have charged two Russian men in absentia with poisoning Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia. They have alleged Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov were Russian intelligence agents, which they and Moscow have denied.

The scene in Salisbury. Source: Twitter/Sam Proudfoot.

TODAY'S
TOP STORIES

Typhoon Mangkhut pounds south China and Hong Kong

Typhoon Mangkhut barrelled into southern China on Sunday, killing two people after lashing the Philippines with strong winds and heavy rain that left at least 64 dead and dozens more feared buried in a landslide.

More than 2.4 million people had been evacuated in southern China's Guangdong province by Sunday evening to flee the massive typhoon and nearly 50,000 fishing boats were called back to port, state media reported. It threatened to be the strongest typhoon to hit Hong Kong in nearly two decades.

"Prepare for the worst," Hong Kong Security Minister John Lee Ka-chiu urged residents.

That warning came after Mangkhut's devastating march through the northern Philippines, where the storm made landfall Saturday on Luzon island with sustained winds of 205 kilometres per hour and gusts of 255kph.

Police Superintendent Pelita Tacio said 34 villagers had died and 36 remained missing in landslides in two villages in Itogon town in the northern Philippine mountain province of Benguet.

Itogon Mayor Victorio Palangdan told The Associated Press by phone that at the height of the typhoon's onslaught Saturday afternoon, dozens of people, mostly miners and their families, rushed into an old three-story building in the village of Ucab.

The building — a former mining bunkhouse that had been transformed into a chapel — was obliterated when part of a mountain slope collapsed. Three villagers who managed to escape told authorities what happened.

"They thought they were really safe there," the mayor said. He expressed sadness that the villagers, many of them poor, had few options to survive in a region where big corporations have profited immensely from gold mines.

Rescuers were scrambling to pull out the body of a victim from the mound of mud and rocks in Ucab before Tacio, the police official, left the area Sunday.

"I could hear villagers wailing in their homes near the site of the accident," Tacio said.

The tragedy came as Florence, another major storm, unleashed catastrophic flooding across the Carolinas in the United States, where more than 30 inches of rain since Friday threatened a deluge of historic proportions as the storm slowly crawled inland from the coast. Muddy river waters swamped entire communities and the coastal city of Wilmington, North Carolina, was cut off by the flood waters.

In China, meanwhile, Mangkhut continued its destructive path, with Hong Kong bracing for a storm that could be the strongest to hit the city since Typhoon York in 1999.

A video posted online by residents showed the top corner of an old building break and fall off, while in another video, a tall building swayed as strong winds blew.

The storm shattered glass windows on commercial skyscrapers in Hong Kong, sending sheets of paper pouring out of the buildings, fluttering and spiralling as they headed for the debris-strewn ground, according to several videos posted on social media.

Mangkhut also felled trees, tore bamboo scaffolding off buildings under construction and flooded some areas of Hong Kong with waist-high waters, according to the South China Morning Post.

The paper said the heavy rains brought storm surges of 3 metres around Hong Kong.

The storm made landfall in the Guangdong city of Taishan at 5 p.m., packing wind speeds of 162 kilometres per hour. State television broadcaster CGTN reported that surging waves flooded a seaside hotel in the city of Shenzhen.

In Macau, next door to Hong Kong, casinos were ordered to close from 11pm Saturday, the first time such action was taken in the city, the South China Morning Post reported. In the city's inner harbour district, the water level reached 1.5 metres on Sunday and was expected to rise further. The area was one of the most affected by floods from Typhoon Hato, which left 10 people dead last year.

Authorities in southern China issued a red alert, the most severe warning, as the national meteorological centre said the densely populated region would face a "severe test caused by wind and rain" and urged officials to prepare for possible disasters.

Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific said all of its flights would be cancelled between 2:30 a.m. Sunday and 4 a.m. Monday. The city of Shenzhen also cancelled all flights between Sunday and early Monday morning. Hainan Airlines cancelled 234 flights in the cities of Haikou, Sanya, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai scheduled over the weekend.

All high-speed and some normal rail services in Guangdong and Hainan provinces were also halted, the China Railway Guangzhou Group Co. said.

In the Philippines, rescuers for the Itogon landslide were hampered by rain and mud. The search and rescue operation was suspended at nightfall and was to resume at daybreak Monday, said Palangdan, the mayor. Police and their vehicles could not immediately reach the landslide-hit area because the ground was unstable and soaked from the heavy rains, regional police chief Rolando Nana told the ABS-CBN TV network.

Overall, at least 64 people have died in typhoon-related incidents in the northern Philippines, mostly from landslides and collapsed houses, according to the national police. Forty-five other people were missing and 33 were injured in the storm.

The hardest-hit area was Benguet province, where 38 people died, mostly in the two landslides in Itogon, and 37 are missing, the police said.

Still, the Philippines appeared to have been spared the high number of casualties many had feared. In 2013, Typhoon Haiyan left more than 7,300 people dead or missing, flattened villages and displaced more than 5 million in the central Philippines. A massive evacuation of about 87,000 people from high-risk areas helped lessen potential casualties, officials said.

The typhoon struck at the start of the rice and corn harvesting season in the Philippines' northern breadbasket, prompting farmers to scramble to save what they could of their crops, Cagayan Gov. Manuel Mamba said.

Strong wind caused by Typhoon Mangkhut push waves up onto the waterfront of Victoria Habour Hong Kong, Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018. Hong Kong and southern China hunkered down as strong winds and heavy rain from Typhoon Mangkhut lash the densely populated coast. The biggest storm of the year left at least 28 dead from landslides and drownings as it sliced through the northern Philippines. (AP Photo/Vincent Yu)
Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong. Source: Associated Press

TODAY'S
FEATURED STORIES

Where is X-Men's Fan Bingbing? Chinese actress vanishes leaving her 63 million social media followers questioning foul play

She's one of China's most famous and highly paid movie stars. And she has vanished.

Fan Bingbing, who has played superhero Blink in 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past and has starred in dozens of top grossing Chinese language films, hasn't been seen since early June, CNN reports.

Her official Weibo social media account hasn't been updated in nearly two months.

The bizarre disappearance follows an explosive newspaper article in May that accused her of tax evasion. And in September she was given the not-so-honourable distinction of ranking dead last out of 100 Chinese celebrities in a Beijing Normal University "social responsibility" report.

The timing of the bad publicity and the disappearance has led some experts to wonder aloud if the Communist Party has disappeared her.

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 11: Actress Fan Bingbing attends the screening of 'Ash Is Purest White (Jiang Hu Er Nv)' during the 71st annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 11, 2018 in Cannes, France. (Photo by VCG)
Fan Bingbing poses for photos on the red carpet on 11 May at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival in France. Source: Getty

Ms Fan, 37, has consistently ranked in the top 10 of the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list for the past twelve years - nabbing the top spot in 2013 and 2014. In addition to her movie career, she has starred in TV shows and dabbled in pop music.

She has over 63 million followers on social media.

Unlike their counterparts in Hollywood, celebrities in China rarely seek out publicity by generating salacious headlines, a China expert says.

"If you are a billionaire, then that is something that obviously you can enjoy to a certain extent," cyber analyst Fergus Ryan told CNN.

"But you've got to be very, very wary that you don't at any stage cross a red line of some sort and fall afoul of the Chinese Communist Party."

SINGAPORE - MAY 14:  Actor Hugh Jackman (R) and actress Fan Bingbing attend the "X-MEN: Days of Future Past" Southeast Asia Premiere on May 14, 2014 in Singapore.  (Photo by Nicky Loh/Getty Images)
Actress Fan Bingbing takes a selfie with co-star Hugh Jackman at the Asia premiere of X-Men: Days of Future Past. Source: Getty


Topics


Pill testing push in Australia after two drug deaths at Sydney music festival

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian is being asked to introduce pill testing at major events rather than follow through on her promise to shut down a dance festival after a spate of serious drug overdoses.

Two people died and three remain critical suspected drug overdoses at dance festival Defqon.1 in Sydney on Saturday.

Hundreds more sought medical treatment during the celebrations and Ms Berejiklian says she will shut down the festival.

"Of course I want young people to have fun at these festivals, but this particular one has had a bad safety record and now we have had yet another night of terrible tragedy," she said on Twitter on Sunday.

"I want to send the strongest message to event organisers. More needs to be done to address the serious drug culture at these events."

Her social media account was quickly inundated by dozens of calls for new drug strategies, chiefly pill testing.

"How about you engender real change?" one person wrote.

"Drug reform and legalised pill testing. Prohibition has failed and continues to kill."

"Shocking is 2 Sydney kids on mortuary slabs when Canberra kids had their pills tested and are still alive," another wrote, in reference to the ACT's use of pill testing at a music festival earlier this year.

Their comments echoed calls from Greens MP David Shoebridge, who called for festivals to introduce pill testing, amnesty bins and other harm minimisation measures.