Video: 'My mom died in the shower' - five-year-old named 'honorary firefighter' after saving mother's life

share

Source:

1 NEWS

A five-year-old is being hailed a hero after saving his mother's life. 

ABC15 reported the young Arizona boy named Salvatore (Sal) Cicalese was in bed when he heard his mother fall after she had a seizure in the shower. 

Sal acted swiftly, grabbing his two-month-old sister, and a bar stool.

He stood on the stool to open the garage door, and then took his baby sister to their neighbour's house. 

Neighbour Jessica Penoyer said Sal told her, "My mom died in the shower. Can you take care of us?"

Emergency services were called, and found mother Kaitlyn Cicalese unconscious in the bathtub with the shower still running. 

"Honestly he saved my life. If he wouldn't have gotten help, I would have drowned," she told ABC15. 

The local fire station presented Sal with an 'honorary firefighter' certificate for his bravery. 

loading error

refresh