Raw video: Man falls to ground in agony after cellphone explodes in face

share

Source:

1 NEWS

The moment a Samsung phone apparently exploded in an Indonesian man's pocket has been caught on CCTV.

The 47-year-old man was filmed in the lobby of a Hotel Ciputra in Semarang on September 30 carrying his phone in his shirt pocket.

The man can be seen touching his pocket just seconds before it explodes in his face.

He flings himself to the ground trying desperately to douse the flames.

Another man steps in to help remove the burning shirt.

The man suffered only minor injuries.

Samsung has responded to the incident by defending its product, saying the man had used a battery not manufactured by the company, 7News reports.

loading error

refresh