A young girl has been filmed tearfully trying to wake up her unresponsive mother in a US supermarket after she collapsed from a reported drug overdose.
A US store owner filmed the two-year-old pulling her mother's hair and shaking her hand in a desperate attempt to wake her before paramedics arrived to help the woman.
The 36-year-old was administered Narcan - a drug used to reverse the effects of opiate and heroin overdoses - before police reportedly discovered equipment in her bag affiliated with drug use.
The New Hampshire woman was transported to hospital shortly after where she denied overdosing, saying she "was just tired and dozed off", Nine reports.
Lawrence police chief James Fitzpatrick told WBZ-TV that despite the discomfort at seeing the distressed child, it brought to light the realities behind drug use.
"It's very disturbing to see someone like this. It's obvious addiction has overtaken them, to the point of not being able to care for their child," Mr Fitzpatrick said.
The toddler has since been put into government custody while her mother waits to appear in court.