Popular American tennis star John Isner has confirmed he's returning to Auckland for next year's ASB Classic but organisers are hopeful another top 10 player could join him.
Isner was confirmed today to make his eighth appearance at the tournament where he'll look to add to his 2010 and 2014 titles.
"I love playing in Auckland," he said.
"It's such a great place to play, the crowds are awesome and it's one of the best stops on the tour. It's where I won my first ATP title, and I'm looking forward to playing there again in 2019."
Tournament director Karl Budge said despite Isner's common turnout for the event, getting him back is still a big achievement.
"When you have guys like Isner coming back year on year, particularly off the back of the season that he has had…he is a man in demand now.
"For him to show his loyalty again to the ASB Classic shows just how well regarded the tournament is."
Budge also admitted he's aiming on bringing Juan Martin del Potro back to Auckland after getting the Argentine here at the start of the year.
"We spoke again on Monday," Budge told Radio Sport.
"He is a guy that doesn't make decisions at this time of year. Every year when I have been tournament director he has said no to me at this time.
"[But] in that November period once he is off tour, stopped playing and started to think about what [he] should do before Melbourne his views seem to change."
Women's star Venus Williams was confirmed for 2019 last month as well.