All Blacks coach Steve Hansen is certain halfback Aaron Smith will perform at his best against the Wallabies on Saturday night, in the wake of new revelations about his sex scandal from late 2016.
Hansen addressed the issue with media at a press conference in Sydney this afternoon, where Smith's improprieties were firmly lodged at the top of the agenda.
"Obviously the incident happened last year," Hansen said. "We dealt with it and we feel that we dealt with it decisively.
"There's nothing more that I can add to that but if it...needs to be spoken about it will come from the New Zealand Rugby Union, so there's not much point in asking me any more questions about that, because I'll just keep telling you there's nothing more to add."
Hansen is confident that Smith will be ready to play on Saturday night, after having to miss the Test against South Africa last year when the scandal initially came to light.
"He's in a great head space in that he knows that he's dealt with this issue and done the things he needs to do around it."
"He's ready to play. We're excited about wanting to play. He's excited and we're looking forward to Saturday."
The scandal involving the All Blacks halfback is back in the headlines after the woman involved in the incident at Christchurch Airport last year shared private messages between her and Smith to Daily Mail Australia.
The woman will also speak to TVNZ1's Seven Sharp at 7pm tonight, in an exclusive interview, to clarify information she says the Daily Mail got wrong and to explain why she has brought in the lawyers.
"The way they had portrayed me was being as an absolute ho," she said of those in rugby circles.
She said she was portrayed as "a woman that had targeted this guy at the airport and forced myself on him and I had acted in such a way that they didn't even want their players around me anymore."
Smith was seen walking into a toilet cubicle with a woman at Christchurch Airport before the All Blacks travelled to Argentina on September 18 2016 for the Rugby Championship.
Smith was initially banned for one game following the incident, however, following a chorus of calls for further punishment, Smith "voluntarily" withdrew from playing in the third Bledisloe Cup Test in October.
NZR and the Highlanders have been approached for comment.