Warriors finish season on high after snatching victory out of Raiders' hands

The Warriors have stunned the Raiders in a courages performance coming from 20-12 down and snatching the victory at the end out of Canberra's hands. Winning 24-20.

Canberra blew an eight-point lead in the final 12 minutes against the visitors and will face Melbourne next weekend in a NRL qualifying final.

The Raiders looked set for a trip to Sydney to face the Roosters but fell to fourth on the ladder as the Warriors stormed home in a fantastic game of League this afternoon to win.

There was more pain for Canberra coach Ricky Stuart after his forward Hudson Young appeared to rake the face of Warriors winger Adam Pompey.

Young copped a five-week ban earlier this season for eye-gouging.

The Warrior's win also locks up the other qualifying final in which will the Roosters will host South Sydney. Both teams meeting just two nights prior. 

Canberra rested four players and were not in the form which took them to second top-four finish in 16 years.

The Warriors were playing for pride but started the stronger at GIO Stadium as Taane Milne played his first game for the club after a drug ban.

However, it was an incredible piece of athleticism from Raiders back-rower Elliott Whitehead which led to the first try of the game.

Jack Wighton grubbered into the in-goal before Whitehead made a superman dive over the dead-ball line and batted it back for Seb Kris to score.

The Warriors hit back through Lachlan Burr who crashed over from close range on the back of three-straight penalties on 20 minutes.

The Auckland based team took the lead when Adam Blair popped a pass to Pompey but the lead only lasted four minutes as Josh Papalii barged over.

The sides looked set to head into halftime at 12-12 before Canberra hooker Josh Hodgson sold a dummy kick and dummy pass to score with the final play.

Raiders winger Michael Oldfield dashed 50 metres down the sideline to score in the corner but injured his shoulder in the process on 54 minutes.

The Warriors scored one of the tries of the season when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck began a fifth-tackle play on halfway that went through 13 sets of hands before the skipper finished what he started.

Warriors halfback Blake Green completed the comeback with a show-and-go in the 76th minute to score next to the posts.

Raiders captain Jarrod Croker endured a forgettable afternoon off the tee, converting just two of five attempts at goal in breezy conditions.