Actor Rene Naufahu has admitted six charges of indecent assault in the Auckland District Court this morning.
The 47-year-old had been set to go to trial next week but at an arraignment hearing in front of Judge Evangelos Thomas entered the pleas.
Crown prosecutor Kate Lawson-Bradshaw said the charges related to six women now aged in their 20s and occurred during one-on-one acting sessions with Naufahu.
A former Shortland Street star, Naufahu told budding actresses from a modelling agency during lessons that he wanted to open them up emotionally.
The offending including touching women on their breasts, bottoms and kissing them with his tongue between 2010 and 2013.
Naufahu released a long statement today, part of which said: "I was seeking to coach the students to try and develop their talents for real acting roles.
"I accept now that I made errors and crossed boundaries that should not have been crossed. I accept that I have also let my family down and in the process myself. I see now that I became that guy, that I myself did not like seeing in others and that horrifies and saddens me."
Judge Thomas said Naufahu had caused "an enormous amount of harm to …very vulnerable women".
"It’s not the extent of the touching that causes the harm, it’s the betrayal and that is going to be uppermost in the sentencing judge's mind."
He ordered a pre-sentence report and ordered Naufahu, who is on bail, to appear on November 2.