Watch: Fire leaves Napier motel room totally gutted while those next door survive unscathed

Fire crews have extinguished a blaze that gutted a motel room on Napier's waterfront this morning.

The room sits on the top floor of the Shoreline Motel on Marine Parade, with video taken by 1 NEWS showing its charred remains while those around it appear untouched.

A small part of Marine Parade heading north was closed and detours put in place during the incident and its aftermath.

1 NEWS reporter Sean Hogan say that "guests look to have been allowed to return to their rooms."

No ambulances attended the scene.

The charred remains of the room are in stark contrast to those surrounding it which are untouched by the fire. Source: 1 NEWS


Topics