Kiwi woman Holly De Jong is due to travel to Bali on Sunday, despite imminent eruption warnings over the Mount Agung volcano.
Ms De Jong, who is travelling to the country for a family celebration, has been to Bali on numerous occasions and is concerned about getting stranded there if the volcano does erupt.
"It's not such a bad place to be stuck long term, but it's definitely concerning, obviously being a small island resources will run out quickly," Ms De Jong told 1 NEWS.
She has been asked to take supplies over for her friend that lives there.
"I actually have a friend whose asked me to take over some medical grade face masks for some New Zealanders living over there so obviously everyone is quite concerned and getting prepared," she said.
House of Travel said New Zealanders should stay in touch with their airline and travel agent, and register with SafeTravel.
The National Disaster Mitigation Agency said more than 96,000 people have now fled the area around Mount Agung in the northeast of the island.
Villagers began leaving in the middle of last week and the number of evacuees has swelled daily since Saturday, when the volcano's alert status was raised to the highest level.
The agency said a monitoring centre had recorded more than 800 earthquakes over just the past day, with thin smoke was observed rising 50 metres above the crater.
The volcano last erupted in 1963, killing more than 1100 people, and remained active for about a year.