Two X Factor judges accused of bullying a contestant have themselves now become the subject of online bullying. But do two wrongs make a right?
Natalia Kills, along with her husband and fellow judge Willy Moon, have been axed from the show after their bombardment of contestant Joe Irvine following his performance of 'Cry Me a River' on Sunday night.
On the show Kills told Mr Irvine: "I am disgusted at how much you have copied my husband. From the hair to the suit, do you not have any value or respect for originality?
"It's disgusting, you make me sick, it's absolutely disgusting, you have no identity, I can't stand it, I'm ashamed to be here," Kills continued to rant.
Moon backed his wife's view, adding Irvine's performance was "cheap and absurd" and he looked like "a serial killer".
We asked ONE News Facebook users what they thought of the couple's abuse, and if Kills and Moon deserved the harsh social media backlash.
Many agreed with Kelly Stewart who posted: "Time it was left alone. They got fired.. Justice was served. Finished."
Joel Murdoch writes on the ONE News Facebook page: "Something about reaping what you sow comes to mind. It is not about two wrongs making a right. It is about making sure people who do this kind of thing that it will not be tolerated and so hopefully dissuade them in the future. On that note, it's done, there are more important things to focus on, move on."
Jocelyn Kebbell says what Kills did was "completely wrong. But so many others are doing the same thing via social media and that's just as wrong IMHO".
Melissa Chandler added: "No way it's unbelievably sad to read some of the nasty backlash she received. What she said was rude and out of line and she paid the price by losing her position on the show which is fair. She should expect people to say reasonable things like they thought it was rude or out of line and that's enough. No nasty hate comments are required. Come on NZ we are better than this."
However, dozens believe Kills and Moon "are getting what they deserve" and "bullies need to be singled out".
Huia Naera posted: "They slammed him on national tv, did they honestly think that the nz public and now the world for that matter would turn the other cheek? I don't think so and to say let's just forget about it and move on is not really standing up for the little guy who is Joe. Bullies need to be singled out otherwise they keep will keep doing what they do."
Kills' comments were labelled "completely unacceptable" by the show's producers and as "bullying" by the Human Rights Commissioner.
Former NZ Idol judge Paul Ellis told TV ONE's Breakfast that the couple's careers have effectively been "killed" by social media.
"Both had been dropped by their record labels so they came here [New Zealand] on the premise of trying to resuscitate their career, and actually they've snuffed them out."
The show's owners, MediaWorks, says two new judges will be announced next week.
I love you guys, thanks for your support & understanding my passionate opinions! You know what they say about me... https://t.co/DNBksvmYWM— NATALIA KILLS (@NataliaKills) March 15, 2015