TODAY |

Person treated for smoke inhalation after lift fire at Auckland primary school

A person has been treated for smoke inhalation after being caught in a lift fire at an Auckland primary school today.

The person was inside a lift at Glendowie Primary School when the incident happened.

A Fire and Emergency NZ spokesperson has told 1 NEWS that the fire in the lift was out upon arrival and one person has been treated by St John for smoke inhalation.

It is unclear if the person was a student or an adult at this stage.

lift shaft file generic
Lift shaft (File picture). Source: istock.com


Topics