Person suffers smoke inhalation at fire in Auckland metal factory

share

Source:

1 NEWS

A person suffering smoke inhalation was taken to hospital from a fire at a large South Auckland metal factory tonight.

Source: 1 NEWS

Emergency services including eight fire crews were called to Hayes Metals on Neilson Street in Onehunga around 8.40pm.

Fire Communications says one person was transported to hospital in a moderate condition with smoke inhalation.

Burning copper coils have been removed from the factory and are being cooled.

"The fire went to second alarm but is burning in a contained area," a spokesman told 1 NEWS.

loading error

refresh