The latest MIQ worker who caught Covid-19 at the Grand Millennium hotel in Auckland had not yet had their Covid-19 vaccine, Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield said today.
However, he added there was no suggestion the latest worker - Case C - and Case B who was also not vaccinated, did not want to be vaccinated or were vaccine hesitant.
Case C was confirmed as having Covid-19 yesterday. They're a close contact of Case B, a security guard at the Grand Millennium who contracted the virus last week. Both cases have been genomically linked to a cleaner from the hotel who has the virus, Case A.
It was also revealed today that Case B had not been tested for Covid-19 since at least mid-March, sparking an investigation into the lack of testing.
Dr Bloomfield said the testing history of Case B was being investigated.
"What we do know is that since the middle of March ... that Case B hadn't had a test until this one last week which showed the positive result."
MIQ's Brigadier Jim Bliss was not able to tell media when Case B's last test prior to April 6 took place.
"We are concerned it wasn't in accordance with our 14 day testing regime."
Workers in MIQ facilities are supposed to be tested once every 14 days. The person was tested during routine testing last Tuesday, April 6.
Case B's locations of interest time period was extended back to March 29, as further testing suggested the infection could have been ongoing for a few days.
Bliss said as a result of the three Covid-19 cases linked to the Grand Millennium, an audit similar to that undertaken at the Pullman and Grand Mercure had been conducted but there were no significant findings.
A technical team will meet tomorrow to make recommendations on operations and additional staff have been brought in.