A large fire at a car dealership in Nelson last night has since been extinguished.
Fire services were called to a well-ablaze fire at M S Ford, on Haven Road, at 10.08pm, a Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesperson told 1 NEWS.
Twelve crews from Nelson, Stoke, Richmond, Mapua and Wakefield were in attendance, Fire and Emergency NZ Communication Centres said on Facebook.
"The building has sustained extensive damage, please spare a thought, and your support for the business owners and their staff," Tasman-Marlborough Fire Area said on Facebook.
"The cause of the fire will be investigated during daylight hours, once overhaul has been completed."
Senior Station Officer Craig Davies, the operations commander at the scene, said on Facebook, "A huge thanks to all the crews that came in to help us last night. Not often do we get a fire with all the different aspects this one had."
"Petrol station with LPG tank and LPG cylinder storage right next door. A workshop full of hazards including acetylene and o2 bottles 150 air bags exploding etc etc big night."