Fire crews extinguish kitchen fire in central Wellington hotel

share

Source:

1 NEWS

Fire fighters worked hard overnight to extinguish a blaze at the Sofitel Hotel in central Wellington.

A fire spokesperson said the fire is now out and crews are in a salvage process at the scene.

Guest were evacuated from the hotel after a fire broke out in the kitchen just after 9pm last night.

Kitchen fire at the Sofitel Hotel on Bolton Street, central Wellington.

Source: 1 NEWS

Smoke could be seen rising from the Bolton Street hotel and a strong smell of burning plastic is in the air.

No flames could be seen.

The fire service says the fire started in the kitchen and spread to the flue.

A total of 13 appliances and a command unit attended the scene and there were no reported injuries.

Guests were offered blankets whilst in the safe evacuation zone.


Guests at the Sofitel Hotel have been evacuated.

Source: 1 NEWS

loading error

refresh