Turkey's foreign minister says a Turkish citizen who was wounded in the mosque attacks in New Zealand has died.
Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Twitter today that a Turkish citizen "who was seriously wounded in the treacherous terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand" has died.
Police confirmed the death this morning and told 1 NEWS the 46-year-old man was injured in Al Noor Mosque.
He had been in a critical condition at Christchurch Hospital since the attack. No other patients injured in the attack remain in intensive care, but nine others remain in hospital in stable conditions.
The man was one of three Turkish citizens wounded in the March 15 attack when a lone gunman attacked two mosques. The death raises the death toll in the attacks to 51.
The state-run Anadolu Agency said he was wounded in the back and the leg and died after undergoing surgery.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern expressed her condolences to the family of the man.
"My heartfelt condolences go to the family and community of this man who has died overnight," Ms Ardern said.
"This sad news will be felt across Turkey, as well as New Zealand."
"This is only the second victim to die while in hospital – the first was unable to be resuscitated on arrival on the 15th of March.
"This a testament to the extraordinary work put in by the medical staff at Christchurch, Burwood and Starship Hospitals in the aftermath of the shooting to save lives."
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has strongly condemned the Christchurch attack and showed clips of a video taken by the gunman at election campaigns to denounce hatred against Islam.
The Canterbury District Heath Board could not comment further.