Superstar Chris Hemsworth gatecrashes Taika Waititi's red carpet interview, takes selfie along with Mark Ruffalo

Hollywood heartthrob Chris Hemsworth gatecrashed Kiwi director Taika Waititi's interview on the red carpet at the premiere of the latest Marvel blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok, joking that had misplaced his ticket to the event. 

The Australian actor, who portrays Thor Odinson, is among the star studded cast which includes fellow Aussie Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and Idris Elba as Heimdall, another Norse god. Tom Hiddleston also returns as Thor's estranged brother Loki.

The latest Marvel Comics movie will follow Thor as he tries to stop the destruction of his home world Asgard, which is under threat from Hela the Goddess of Death played by Cate Blanchett.

As Waititi joked along with Ruffalo about being jobless following the end of filming Thor: Ragnarok, Chris Hemsworth interrupted the interview by saying, "hey guys, I lost my ticket, can you give me a ticket to the premiere?"

Waititi told Hemsworth to "go away" before getting out his cell phone to take a selfie and capture the "ridiculas moment we should remember."

As Waititi walked away from the interview, Hemsworth sarcastically said Ruffalo, along with himself "were rangaling" the Kiwi director on set, saying "he is a complete insane human."

"Pretty much we directed the movie," Hemsworth said. 

In the Marvel universe, this will be Hemsworth's fifth time playing the hammer-wielding Norse god, both in The Avengers movies and in the two previous stand-alone Thor films.



Watch: First glimpse of Joaquin Phoenix turning into Joker for new film

Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures Joker movie starring Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix in the title role.

He will be appearing alongside Oscar winner Robert De Niro in a film directed, produced and co-written by Oscar nominee Todd Phillips.

Phillips released sneak peak footage of Phoenix turning into Joker via an Instagram video today.

The thespian will hope to match the late Heath Ledger's iconic take on the villain in The Dark Knight.

The film is scheduled for release in the US on October 4, 2019.

Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck in the upcoming Joker film.

TODAY'S
TOP STORIES

Meet Georgia Fowler, the host of Project Runway New Zealand, on the hunt for 'amazing talent'

Meet the host of Project Runway New Zealand, Georgia Fowler.

She puts her success so far down to hard work, she told TVNZ1's Seven Sharp.

"There have been a lot of jobs that have been like the "dream" - like the time I got French Vogue, with the biggest photographer you can shoot with, that was incredible.

"Getting the Victoria's Secret show - since I was a little girl I wanted to do that, I tried for years and years and years and trained my butt off for it and finally got it," she told TVNZ1's Seven Sharp."

Fowler was born in England, but has lived in New Zealand almost her whole life apart from when she is away in New York modelling.

She says being a television show host is "amazing".

"It's great just to be home, to be able to host a show like Project Runway is amazing.

"To actually be judging talent trying to find the new next designer is something I am passionate about and hopefully we can find some amazing talent, bring them up and show them to the world."

Project Runway New Zealand starts Monday 1 October at 7:30pm on TV2.

Sam Wallace spoke with Georgia, a Victoria’s Secret model. Source: Seven Sharp

TODAY'S
FEATURED STORIES

Suge Knight, once one of gangsta rap's biggest moguls, agrees to 28-year sentence after murder charge reduced

Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight pleaded no contest today in a US courtroom to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago.

The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in prison.

Knight was charged with murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run after fleeing the scene of an altercation in January 2015 outside a Compton burger stand. Knight and Cle "Bone" Sloan, a consultant on the N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton were involved in a fistfight that ended with Knight clipping the man with his pickup truck and running over businessman Terry Carter, who died from his injuries.

Knight's attorneys have said he was acting in self-defence and was fleeing armed attackers when he ran over Mr Carter and Mr Sloan.

During today's hearing, Knight answered Judge Ronald Coen's questions, loudly and quickly saying "no contest" when the judge asked for his plea.

The plea deal calls for Knight to serve 22 years in prison on the voluntary manslaughter count, and another six years because it is a third strike violation.

Former music mogul and founder of Death Row Records Suge Knight

Knight, 53, was a key player in the gangster rap scene that flourished in the 1990s, and his label once listed Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg among its artists. Knight lost control of the company after it was forced into bankruptcy.

He has prior felony convictions for armed robbery and assault with a gun. He pleaded no contest in 1995 and was sentenced to five years' probation for assaulting two rap entertainers at a Hollywood recording studio in 1992.

He was sentenced in February 1997 to prison for violating terms of that probation by taking part in a fight at a Las Vegas hotel hours before Shakur was fatally wounded in a drive-by attack as he rode in Knight's car just east of the Las Vegas Strip. Shakur's slaying remains unsolved.

He had faced life in prison if convicted of murder for killing Mr Carter.

FILE - In this July 7, 2015, file photo,  Knight has pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter and after he ran over two men, killing one, nearly four years ago.
The Death Row Records co-founder entered the plea Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court and has agreed to serve 28 years in prison.  (Patrick T. Fallon/Pool Photo via AP, File)
Marion Hugh "Suge" Knight sits for a hearing in his murder case in Superior Court in Los Angeles in 2015. Source: Associated Press


Ozzy Osbourne confirms two New Zealand shows as part of farewell world tour

Ozzy Osbourne has confirmed two final shows in New Zealand in March 2019 as part of his farewell world tour, No More Tours 2.

The former Black Sabbath singer will play shows in Christchurch at Horncastle Arena on March 13 and Auckland’s Spark Arena on March 16.

Heavy metal legends Judas Priest, who are on their first New Zealand tour, will open for Osbourne.

The 69-year-old will celebrate a career which began in 1968 when Black Sabbath was formed alongside long-time collaborators, guitarist Zakk Wylde, Blasko on bass, drummer Tommy Clufetos and Adam Wakeman on keyboards.

Ozzy Osbourne.