Macaulay Culkin turned down offer to star in Big Bang Theory multiple times

Macaulay Culkin rejected three offers to star in The Big Bang Theory but doesn't regret saying no.

The Home Alone actor claims he turned down approaches to appear in the CBS sitcom - which launched in 2007 - three times even though he was "flattered" by the offer.

Speaking on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, he said: "They pursued me for The Big Bang Theory. And I said no.

"It was kind of like, the way the pitch was, 'Alright, these two astrophysicist nerds and a pretty girl lives with them. Yoinks!' That was the pitch.

"And I was like, 'Yeah, I'm cool, thanks.' And then they came back at me again, and I said, 'No, no, no. Again, flattered, but no.'

"Then they came back at me again, and even my manager was like twisting my arm."

While the cast - which includes Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have been making a huge $1 million per episode since season eight, the 37-year-old actor has no regrets about turning down the show as even though he'd have been very rich, he wouldn't be creatively fulfilled.

He added: "I'd have hundreds of millions of dollars right now if I did that gig. At the same time, I'd be bashing my head against the wall."

Meanwhile, the Changeland actor also revealed during the interview that he's keen to start a family with girlfriend Brenda Song.

He said: "I'm gonna make some babies. This one's a good one, so I'm probably going to put some babies in her in a little bit. I mean, we've definitely been practicing.

"This one, I'm going to have some pretty babies. She's Asian, so I'm gonna have tiny little Asian babies. It's going to be adorable - a bunch of Sean Lennons running around the house, that's what I'm looking for."

Macaulay is looking forward to moving in with the 30-year-old actress once she finalises the purchase of her new house.

He said: "I have a good life out here. I have a pretty little family -- a pretty girl, a pretty dog, a pretty cat, and all that stuff. We're gonna move, we're doing the house thing and all that kind of stuff.

"I'm just gonna hitch a ride. She was already looking [for a house], so... I think she's kind of in escrow right now, essentially."

Macaulay Culkin. Source: Bang Showbiz



Watch: Trailer for Michael Moore's new documentary taking aim at Donald Trump

Michael Moore's Donald Trump critique Fahrenheit 11/9' will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival before hitting US theatres on September 21.

Moore unveiled the first look at this latest documentary today, releasing a trailer online.

The title is an inversion of his 2004 George W. Bush documentary, Fahrenheit 9/11, which became the highest grossing documentary ever with US$222.4 million in worldwide box office.

The date refers to when Trump was declared winner of the 2016 election: November 9th. 

In the trailer, Moore calls Trump "the last president of the United States.''

Fahrenheit 11/9' was initially to be distributed by The Weinstein Co. but will now be distributed by Tom Ortenberg's newly launched Briarcliff Entertainment.

Fahrenheit 11/9 will make its world premiere in Toronto on September 6.

Moore is the director of Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. Source: Associated Press

TODAY'S
FEATURED STORIES

Demi Lovato scraps tour dates as she continues recovery - 'I'll keep fighting'

Demi Lovato's upcoming tour dates have been scrapped while she focuses on her recovery.

The Sober singer is currently in rehab, two weeks after she was hospitalised following an alleged drink and drugs overdose, and it's now been announced the remaining shows on her Tell Me You Love Me concert series in Mexico and South America will no longer take place.

Demi had been scheduled to perform on September 20 and 22 in Mexico, and was also in line to play six gigs in Chile, Argentina, and Brazil in November, but the dates have now been cut and fans will be able to get refunds from today.

Live Nation and Lotus Productions said they "wish Demi Lovato the best now and in the future and we hope to see her soon in South America."

Following her release from hospital, Demi broke her silence over the incident and thanked fans for their support as she vowed to do whatever she could to get back on the "road to recovery."

She wrote in an open letter posted on Instagram: "I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction. What I've learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time.

"It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet. I want to thank God for keeping me alive and well. To my fans, I am forever grateful for all of your love and support throughout this past week and beyond. Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time.

"I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery. The love you have all shown will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side. I will keep fighting."

Demi - who has battled with drugs and alcohol abuse in the past - had stayed away from substances for six years but she recently revealed that she had fallen off the wagon when she released her song Sober in June.

FILE - In this Dec. 6, 2017 file photo, Demi Lovato arrives at the West Coast debut of 29rooms at ROW DTLA in Los Angeles. Lovato has checked out of the hospital she was rushed to two weeks ago for a reported overdose. A person close to Lovato says she was released from Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles over the weekend.  Lovato was hospitalized on July 24. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
Demi Lovato. Source: Associated Press