How to get TVNZ OnDemandWant to find out how you can get all new TVNZ OnDemand? You're in the right place!
How to access TVNZ OnDemand...
...On your Xbox One
You can watch TVNZ OnDemand on your Xbox One by downloading the TVNZ OnDemand app for free!
To download the app, please search for TVNZ OnDemand in the app Store on your Xbox One. You should be able to find the Store on your home screen.
...On your Playstation3 and Playstation4
TVNZ OnDemand is available on both the Playstation3 and Playstation4. The app is completely free and can be downloaded from the PS Store.
If you can't find the app, please make sure your region settings are correct, as only people in New Zealand can get TVNZ OnDemand.
...On your PC
To watch your favourite shows on your PC or Mac, you'll need an up-to-date web browser. If you've got one of these browsers you should be fine:
|Browser||Versions supported||Operating System/Browser details|
|Safari||Latest and one previous||
|Chrome||Latest and one previous||
Got it? Now time to watch
...On your Apple iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
Watch TVNZ OnDemand on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad by downloading the TVNZ OnDemand app for free! You just need iOS version 7 or above.
Visit the iTunes App Store here to download for your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch or you can visit the app store on your iOS device.
You can also use AirPlay on your iOS device, provided it is one of the following:
- iPod Touch 4th generation onwards
- iPad mini or an iPad 2 onwards
- iPhone4 onwards
- Apple TV 2nd generation onwards
Please make sure your device has the latest firmware installed, and the latest TVNZ OnDemand app update.
...On your Android phone or tablet
The TVNZ OnDemand app is available to all Android devices for download. However, we cannot guarantee the app will perform on all of them. This is because the Android market has such a huge variety of different models and makers, with different specs. Testing on every single one of these devices is simply impossible.
Follow these simple steps to get the app on your Android device:
- Open up the Google Playstore on your device.
- Find 'TVNZ OnDemand' through the search function.
- Tap on the TVNZ OnDemand app, click the 'free' button and away you go.
...On Samsung TV and AV players
You can watch TVNZ OnDemand on some 2012, 2013 and 2014 Samsung Smart TVs or blu-ray players.
Here's a full list of Samsung TVs and AV players which can get the TVNZ OnDemand app.
Once you've checked TVNZ OnDemand works on your Smart TV or Blu ray player, follow these steps and you'll be watching before you know it:
- Make sure you can get the internet on your TV and it's connected. There is more help on how to do this here if you get stuck.
- Push the Smart button on your remote control to access the Smart Hub screen. Check your TV user manual if you aren't sure which button this is.
- In the Smart Hub screen, find the Samsung Apps store. In there, search for TVNZ OnDemand under the New or Video section and select the option to download.
- Once downloaded, select the TVNZ OnDemand icon on the Smart Hub screen and start watching!
...On your FreeviewPlus TV, set top box or MyFreeviewPlus recorder
To set up your new FreeviewPlus TV, box or recorder:
- Connect your antenna to the device and tune in all channels. Follow the First Time Set Up information in your device manual or user guide for instructions.
- Connect the device to your home broadband - see here for tips on how to connect your FreeviewPlus device to broadband.
- Press the RED button on the remote to load FreeviewPlus and start exploring. Watch this short Set Up Video to get you started.
...On your Windows Surface Tablet
Watch TVNZ OnDemand on your Windows Surface Tablet by downloading the TVNZ OnDemand app for free! You just need Windows 10 or above.
Visit the Microsoft App Store here to download for your Surface Tablet or you can visit the app store on your Windows device.
...Tab Casting to Chromecast from your computer
To do this, all you have to do is Cast a Chrome browser tab from your computer to Chromecast, mirroring what’s on your screen on the TV. You’ll need to have the latest version of Chrome, and to search for and install the Google Cast extension for your Chrome browser.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll see a little Cast icon available in your browser. Simply press that icon in the tab you want to Cast, choose the Chromecast device you want to Cast to, and the icon will turn blue.